Isopropyl Alcohol IPA Price List
|Packaging Details||200 litres Drum|
|Usage/Application||Solvent for cosmetics and drugs, Rubbing alcohol antiseptic, Denaturing ethanol|
|Grade Standard||Industrial Grade|
|Synonyms||rubbing alcohol, Isopropanol, IPA alcohol, Dimethyl carbinol|
|Odour||Pungent alcoholic odor|
|Melting Point||(-)89 Degree C|
|Boiling Point||82.5 DegreeC|
|Solubility in water||Miscible with water|
|Vapor pressure||760 mm Hg|
|Flash Point||53 DegreeF|
|Ignition Temperature||750 DegreeF|
|1 litre bottle||Rs 105|
|200 litres drum||Rs 20450|
(*GST & transportations charges to be applied)
Get Best price of 99% pure 200 litres drum of Isopropyl Alcohol CAS No. 63-67-0, C3H8O. For Certificate of Analysis (COA) & MSDS, kindly contact us.
Isopropyl alcohol (IUPAC name propan-2-ol) is a colorless, flammable chemical compound (chemical formula CH3CHOHCH3) with a strong odor.
As an isopropyl group linked to a hydroxyl group, it is the simplest example of a secondary alcohol, where the alcohol carbon atom is attached to two other carbon atoms. It is a structural isomer of 1-propanol and ethyl methyl ether. Isopropyl Alcohol is an isomer of propyl alcohol with antibacterial properties.
Although the exact mechanism of isopropanol's disinfecting action is not known, it might kill cells by denaturing cell proteins and DNA, interfering with cellular metabolism, and dissolving cell lipo-protein membranes. Uses:
- Isopropanol is used in soaps and lotions as an antiseptic.
- Used in making cosmetics, skin and hair preparations, pharmaceuticals, perfumes, lacquer formulations, dye solutions, antifreezes, soaps, window cleaners.
- Sold in 70% aqueous solution as rubbing alcohol.
- Isopropanol or isopropyl alcohol is a clear, colorless liquid that is a major component of rubbing alcohol as well as regular household items such as cleaners, disinfectants, and hand sanitizers
- it also can be found in pharmaceuticals.
- Flash point of 53°F.
- Vapors are heavier than air and mildly irritating to the eyes, nose, and throat.
- Volatile, colorless liquid with a sharp musty odor like rubbing alcohol.